Come Work with Us
New York, NY. Full-time.
Vote Mama is hiring a Political Director to lead our political and programmatic work across our c3, c4, and PAC organizational arms. The Vote Mama Action Fund is a 501(c)4 organization working in partnership with the 501(c)3 Vote Mama Foundation to achieve gender equity by breaking down barriers for working mothers to run for elected office, winning universal childcare for all Americans, and expanding the use of campaign funds for childcare for all candidates running for office. The Vote Mama PAC supports progressive moms with young children running for office up and down the ballot and across the country.
The Political Director will report directly to and serve as a key thought partner to the Founder and CEO. The Political Director is joining Vote Mama at an exciting inflection point as our organization doubles in size.
● Coordinate political and electoral activities of Vote Mama and the Vote Mama PAC.
● Manage the Vote Mama PAC endorsement process, including reviewing candidate questionnaires, vetting candidates, scheduling interviews, and participating in endorsement interviews.
● Coordinate endorsement announcements, check disbursement, and press releases.
● Serve as the organizational point of contact for current and prospective mothers running for office.
Education and Leadership
● Develop and strengthen Vote Mama’s candidate coaching program, in partnership with the Founder and CEO.
● Build and manage our Alumni program, track legislation they have championed, convene educational and best practice sharing meetings with our elected Alumni.
● Research electoral and leadership opportunities for mothers on the local, state and federal level.
● Manage and expand our database of mentors and coaches and lead educational programs.
● Manage coalition engagement and represent Vote Mama at key meetings.
● Manage elected official political engagement with the organization, including leading requests for email sends, speaking requests at events, video appearances, etc.
● Oversee national PAC fundraising program including organizing events, call time with the Founder and CEO, managing the PAC budget, and expanding the Finance Committee.
● Work with Alumni who did not win to engage their fundraising networks.
● Works with our compliance firm to manage legal and financial compliance of Vote Mama PAC and political activities including filing FEC reports and requirements related to contributions.
● Develop a short-term and long-term fundraising plan for the PAC that diversifies revenue streams while maintaining existing fundraising sources.
● Work closely with our digital fundraising team to develop political messaging for our grassroots fundraising program.
Skills and Qualifications
● Minimum 3 years of campaign and/or political organizing experience working with campaigns and/or in progressive politics.
● Working knowledge of political landscape and general campaign finance laws and campaign compliance.
● Ideal candidates will have experience in all aspects of campaign finance operations including call time, events, mail, online, phone, finance committee, compliance and NGP.
● Commitment to electing more progressive mothers of school-aged children up and down the ballot.
● Strong relationships with leaders in the democracy movement.
● Familiarity with political data, latest technologies, and best practices in the field.
● Expert interpersonal skills in dealing with potential candidates, potential donors, lawmakers,and colleagues.
● Ability to set and complete ambitious goals.
● Meticulous attention to detail.
● Ability to adapt to quickly changing deadlines and priorities.
● Willingness and availability to travel regularly.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and two previous work samples to in a PDF format.
This is a full time position based in New York.
We regret that we are not able to reply to every applicant. We will reach out to qualified applicants to schedule interviews on a rolling basis.
As an equal opportunity employer, Vote Mama encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.